Tuesday 10 May 2011

Music Magazine: Finished Product

These are printscreens of my final product. They were taken from MS Publisher so the dotted boxes surrounding many of the elements do not show in my hard copy. 
I have tried to include as many elements that I originally planned as possible. I have kept a consistent house-style, which is similar to my initial plan in the colour scheme. However, I have changed the fonts as the initial font was too difficult to include seamlessly in the production. I chose the font for 'Unichord' as it represents the magazine's focus on music rather than artists and has a bold, recognisable image. I chose the font for the main title to be impactful and combined with the striking colouring, achieves this effectively. I included a typical feature of this genre magazine through the 'colour blocking' around the coverlines in the 'Plus!' section. I tried to ensure that the colour scheme of the front cover reflected and linked to colours in the photo, which are saturated in te editing process to emphasise the extreme attitude of the publication.
I created continuity in my magazine by using the 'Unichord' font for the contents title and the front cover's colour scheme. I had contained different images but after I learnt that all the images I include must be ones I have taken, I searched through my photos and included random photos - they are related to the features in my head - to represent the variety of content in the magazine and emphasise the attitude of sponteneity and fun that the publication has. I chose photos from live gigs on the features and regulars 'bands' to reaffirm the high emphasis on live music the magazine has so that first time readers would easily get this impression.

I repeated some of the fonts in other parts of the magazine to create continutity in the DPS, but used a different font for the 'Francis Champion' title to differentiate from the rest of the publication and create an 'image' of the artist. I included lots of photos, as I have learnt that this is a common feature of this genre magazine and to ensure the spread doesn't seem too serious, as my target audience is quite young.

No comments:

Post a Comment