Tuesday 10 May 2011

Music Magazine: Development

When constructing my plans for my front cover, double page spread and contents page, I did not consider the logistics of creating them. My main problem has been ahereing to the layout I set and fitting everything in whilst still keeping a professional look. Because of this, I have had to alter some of my desgins.

Contents page:
I did really like my initial plan for the contents page and felt it created a signature, individual style but when making it, I found that it was pretty impossible to create on MS Publisher. In a mock-up document, I attempted different ways of doing it, such as creating a 'staggered' diagonal with photos because my original positioning of them according to the plan, which meant that there was little room for text or the photos were too small. However, my main problem was text, as publisher does not all text to allign diagonally so when I added any words, it did not look good. The only way to create this contents plan successfully would be to make it in Photoshop or a similar programme which isn't really an option as I am not very experienced in using such programmes and the finished product would probably be very messy and unprofessional. I do feel that if I were to produce this design, however, I think it would be very successful in what I want to achieve.
As this design wasn't possible to achieve, I have planned a new layout for my contents page which is much more achieveable. I am disappointed that doesn't stand out as unique as much as the previous design, but I feel that I can still create an individual feel through the typography and images. This plan, on the right - click to enlarge, has a very coventional layout and has space allowed for the editor's letter and multiple images.

House-style and front cover:

Deciding on a front cover image that represented the attitudes of my publication has been difficult. Here are some printscreens of my front cover in development - possible styles, fonts, colours and images.



No comments:

Post a Comment